Associate Program Manager, Vendor Operations at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:04 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup, and be part of an exciting team that manages our operations work in collaboration with our offshore vendors. As part of the Vendor Operations team, you will be responsible for overseeing a select portfolio of outsourced tasks and managing the day to day operations of those tasks to meet and exceed account goals. You will also be responsible for driving overall programs and projects related to your portfolio of tasks to help the Vendor Operations team achieve departmental goals and improve quality/efficiency. You are a strategic-thinker, problem-focused and efficiency-obsessed with a high sense of urgency to help Convoy scale.
- Take ownership of one of our vendor operations lines of business, as the main point of contact, and become the internal point of contact to cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with your vendor team to achieve key daily, weekly, and monthly operational goals.
- Design, iterate, and scale experiments to improve operational quality and efficiency, in collaboration with our vendors and internal teams.
- Communicate to senior operations leaders on projects, goals, and priorities.
- Identify new tasks to transition to your vendor team and project manage the transition of those tasks from other teams within Convoy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a related field, such as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), analytics, operations, strategy or consulting.
- Strong research, testing, and process improvement skills; good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics with exceptional Excel and data management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to manage process improvement projects from ideation to execution and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
Nice to haves:
- Startup experience is a strong plus
- SQL proficiency a plus
- Technical undergraduate degree (engineering, finance, math/sciences, economics) is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!