- A dedicated problem solver. You embrace challenges, and stop at nothing to create solutions, whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes.
- Passionate about the data. You possess the ability to self-serve, investigate, and utilize data - and you love leveraging that data to uncover root causes.
- You’re an Owner. You don’t hesitate at the opportunity to take charge, you thrive on feedback, and your focus is on making an impact.
- Customer-Centric. You actively consider the real-world experiences of our agent-users and the implications of product changes and improvements
- Gritty. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to end-users, or describing analysis to business leaders
- A lover of process and optimization. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and executing them.
What You'll Do:
- Own Operations execution for Commissions across multiple lines of insurance (LOIs), such as Medicare, Life, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with support, product, engineering, and data science to redefine how we pay Agents on the platform.
- Assist in the study, analysis and processing of information related to the compensation of agents based on their positions and other compensable factors.
- Own internal customer (Business verticals, data science, leadership) needs through concise communications, documentation, information sharing, and planning sessions.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and business metrics for agent support - collaborate with data science to build a holistic view of agent and platform performance
- Resolve a wide range of complex compensation and agent performance issues – leverage data, rules, procedures, and sound judgment to arrive at solutions to agent appeals and inquiries.
- Define the path forward. Dig into the data, learn what is and isn’t working, then shape your roadmap, decide which projects to focus on - and set aggressive timelines to reach those goals.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience: whether it be in a startup, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Self motivated; Able to work independently and think creatively to deliver results
- Data-first problem solving skills - specifically proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences
- A proactive approach to solving problems and finding solutions
- Process optimization, project/program management, and/or systematic organization experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with and passion for customer experience and empathy for our users
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Periscope, etc.
- Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Degree in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- Experience working in a support organization or for organizations known for stellar customer support
- Previous success creating and scaling new processes is a plus
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Zendesk, Salesforce, or Intercom
- Working knowledge/understanding of APIs