Business Intelligence Program Manager at Expedia Group
- Do you have a passion for visualizing information and a contagious enthusiasm for data analysis?
- Are you a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys driving projects with minimal guidance?
- Do you find great joy in bringing business and technical audiences together and opening up channels of communication?
At CarRentals.com, we are a fun-loving and data-driven group that is looking for someone to own the adoption and evolution of our data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and our web analytics platform (e.g. Omniture/Adobe Analytics).
The mission of our team at CarRentals is to improve the customer car rental experience through data and automation. We solve a variety of challenging business issues through analytical rigor and hypothesis-driven testing and decision-making. We are passionate about numbers but don't take ourselves too seriously.What you’ll do
You will lead the development of our business intelligence and web analytics platforms
- Build and execute on your vision and roadmap, staying abreast of recent innovations and new technologies
- Effectively influence, negotiate and own the evaluations and implementations of our expanding tool set
- Collect, distill, and communicate requirements, presenting designs and solutions in a concise and articulate manner
- Develop standard methodologies, principles, and processes with clear documentation to govern stakeholder alignment with your strategic vision
You will democratize analytics
- Train, educate, and otherwise enable our product, marketing, finance, etc. teams on web analytics and BI technologies
- Consult with internal partners to ensure they are getting the greatest use out of our data analysis
- Discover new ways to guide the organization up the analytics maturity curve
- Create compelling narratives that clarify your approach and bring transparency to the customer journey.
You will roll up your sleeves and get deep in the data
- Maintain a deep understanding of data sources and how analysis is or could be conducted on this data
- Identify ways to refine our data sources so that we can ensure an accurate and quality view of business performance
- Discover opportunities to ingest new data sources that will enhance our understanding of the customer and strengthen the accuracy of our machine learning models
- You will be surrounded by peers who share your passion for data
- You will interact daily with a leadership team that is hyper-analytical and intellectually transparent
- You will participate in an environment that inspires innovation, collaboration, thought leadership, and fun
- You will continually grow and improve through conference attendance, skillset expansion, classes, etc.
- You will join an interesting industry that impacts millions of travelers around the world
- You earned your degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- You've demonstrated that you can effectively establish and maintain working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- You have a history of producing outstanding results both professionally and personally by being forward-thinking, organized and committed.