Business Intelligence Program Manager
- Do you have a passion for visualizing information and a contagious enthusiasm for data analysis?
- Are you a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys driving projects with minimal guidance?
- Do you find great joy in bringing business and technical audiences together and opening up channels of communication?
At CarRentals.com, we are a fun-loving and data-driven group that is looking for someone to own the adoption and evolution of our data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and our web analytics platform (e.g. Omniture/Adobe Analytics).
The mission of our team at CarRentals is to improve the customer car rental experience through data and automation. We solve a variety of challenging business issues through analytical rigor and hypothesis-driven testing and decision-making. We are passionate about numbers but don't take ourselves too seriously.
What you’ll do
You will lead the development of our business intelligence and web analytics platforms
- Build and execute on your vision and roadmap, staying abreast of recent innovations and new technologies
- Effectively influence, negotiate and own the evaluations and implementations of our expanding tool set
- Collect, distill, and communicate requirements, presenting designs and solutions in a concise and articulate manner
- Develop standard methodologies, principles, and processes with clear documentation to govern stakeholder alignment with your strategic vision
You will democratize analytics
- Train, educate, and otherwise enable our product, marketing, finance, etc. teams on web analytics and BI technologies
- Consult with internal partners to ensure they are getting the greatest use out of our data analysis
- Discover new ways to guide the organization up the analytics maturity curve
- Create compelling narratives that clarify your approach and bring transparency to the customer journey.
You will roll up your sleeves and get deep in the data
- Maintain a deep understanding of data sources and how analysis is or could be conducted on this data
- Identify ways to refine our data sources so that we can ensure an accurate and quality view of business performance
- Discover opportunities to ingest new data sources that will enhance our understanding of the customer and strengthen the accuracy of our machine learning models
What We Can Offer You
- You will be surrounded by peers who share your passion for data
- You will interact daily with a leadership team that is hyper-analytical and intellectually transparent
- You will participate in an environment that inspires innovation, collaboration, thought leadership, and fun
- You will continually grow and improve through conference attendance, skillset expansion, classes, etc.
- You will join an interesting industry that impacts millions of travelers around the world
Who you are
- You earned your degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- You've demonstrated that you can effectively establish and maintain working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- You have a history of producing outstanding results both professionally and personally by being forward-thinking, organized and committed.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.