Category Manager/Buyer at Crowd Cow
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:47 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 18, 2020
How many times in your career do you have the opportunity to join a Series B-funded, high-growth startup, launch and scale new products and categories and transform the food system? Our mission is more critical than ever, as consumers are actively seeking purchase quality meats without leaving their home. Our platform empowers farmers and ranchers for getting their proteins into the homes of consumers across America, sustaining their family farms.
Crowd Cow is a mission-driven startup founded in 2015 with the belief that meat deserves to be associated with high-quality practices, transparency, and knowing your farmer. Today, Crowd Cow offers the most convenient way to purchase from independent farms, giving consumers unparalleled access to craft meat online through our monthly subscription services. Crowd Cow is a Series B, Madrona-funded startup and has been featured in leading publications including the New York Times, the TODAY Show, Food & Wine, Forbes, the Guardian and more.
The Category Manager is responsible for owning category strategy from managing new and existing suppliers to offer a compelling protein selection, to driving new product and category launches. This is a unique opportunity to scale multiple high-profile categories, manage strategic vendors and own seasonal and everyday assortment. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy vendor management, we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage core and emerging protein categories (i.e. pork, chicken, lamb, turkey)
- Identify, onboard and launch new vendors to achieve category revenue and margin goals
- Drive vendor negotiations across pricing, promotions, assortment and allocation
- Build and manage supply to demand forecasts
- Analyze product margins, negotiate and manage product mix to achieve margin targets
- Work with Marketing to enable successful ranch launches and promotions
- 5-7 years’ experience delivering double-digit revenue and margin growth in direct-to-consumer businesses
- Category management and margin improvement
- Expertise in vendor management and negotiations
- Experience working in startups and/or high-growth businesses
- Bias for action, strong ownership
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree
- Experience in the meat/protein industry is strongly valued
Role is located at Crowd Cow headquarters in downtown Seattle. Our office environment is casual. Crowd Cow offers healthcare benefits and a generous PTO package to all full time employees.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Read Full Job Description