At Egencia Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. We value individual creativity, and we invest in individual growth. We work through issues as a team to design globally, and we have adopted test and learn over ‘shipping perfect.’ Egencia, is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but we are backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups Expedia Inc. Expedia has invested twice the amount on technology advancement in the last year than any of Egencia’s competitors and this means we’re growing, and growing fast. In 2015, Egencia grew over its largest competitors 2x faster and we have BIG growth plans for 2018 and beyond.
As the Consulting Manager, you will be responsible for providing analysis and executing consulting engagements with Egencia's global corporate customers and external Corporate Travel Buyers. These global customers are seeking solutions to the complex world of air and hotel strategic sourcing and will rely on Egencia Consulting Services and its Consultant to answer these challenging questions.
You will work directly with our clients on how to more strategically optimize their travel spend, providing actionable recommendations and then working with internal and external partners to implement your recommendations. You will also work with travel suppliers on the clients’ behalf in negotiating preferred supplier agreements.
Who You Are:
- You have a relevant degree with min. 2 years of travel industry and/or consulting experience.
- You have project management experience with high degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly adapt to changing priorities and diverse subject matters.
- You are experienced in the travel procurement business. Negotiating with travel partners is very different that other industries, so we need someone who has worked in this environment before.
- You have a highly analytical mindset. Our clients are expecting you to find savings and opportunities that they couldn't find themselves.
- You have solid knowledge of strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning.
- You possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- You are an expert with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You have the ability to compile, manipulate, and translate data required for deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with assigned accounts to provide beneficial analysis and recommendations regarding their Global Travel Programs (Air, Hotel, Car, etc.).
- Interact with key partners for clients by providing recommendations and reporting on program initiatives.
- Negotiate on behalf of Egencia clients to maximize cost savings and program effectiveness across the lines of business.
- Work closely with Sales and Account Management team in North America to gain new clients and retain existing ones.
- Educate clients on industry trends affecting the travel environment.
- Serve as an expert on Egencia proprietary and third-party tools used to conduct consulting analyses.
- Represent Consulting team within Americas when necessary: attend any industry events or client meetings as requested by management across region.
- Participate in upselling any new consulting product/concept to targeted Egencia clients within the region when necessary.
- Give feedback of region specificities/needs to senior management.
- Work with internal partners to ensure recommended action plans are implemented and monitored as required.
- Work with Egencia Account Manager on a regular basis to ensure consistency with client.
- Work with Global Supply team to ensure clients are made aware of any industry changes and work with clients to develop mitigation strategies on any challenges.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Key Words: consulting manager, project manager, consultant
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.