CX- Sr. Program Manager, Customer Operations
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. Program Manager to join our Customer Experience Program Management team. As part of our Customer Operations division, you’ll be driving solutions at the front lines of the OfferUp Customer Experience. Scrappy yet experienced, you’re a problem solver at heart and an excellent relationship-builder and communicator. You have an analytical and process driven mindset, yet can operate in an ambiguous environment. You understand the importance of user satisfaction and are customer focused. You show strong leadership capabilities, and thrive in team environments that support and elevate those around you.
About the Role
OfferUp CX Sr. Program Managers are facilitators and motivators working cross-functionally across our business. As part of our Customer Operations division, We partner closely with the product, engineering, customer experience, and legal teams to ensure operational preparedness for new rollouts or releases. We make sure our Customer Operations teams and partners are release ready for new product features or initiatives. We here to promote communication, collaboration, and visibility on projects as well as improve processes. We set milestones and help teams reach them. We make plans, we set expectations, and we adjust them when things change. We are responsible for ensuring the Customer Experience organization is prepared and ready to support new product features and releases, and help teams collaborate in the process. We’re always looking for ways to solve problems or make things better.
As a Customer Experience Sr. Program Manager, you’ll work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to manage projects, monitor operations, and improve alignment and transparency. You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment. As a senior member of the team you’ll advocate for solutions to bring value to projects across the organization, and evangelize CX Program Management at all levels across OfferUp.
- Manage assigned projects including defining project scope, goals, control plans, and deliverables in support of team goals.
- Ensure operational readiness in CX Customer Operations for new product features or rollouts.
- Maintain oversight of projects and operational efficiency.
- Effectively communicate, influence, and partner with all levels of the company.
- Influence teams to solve problems.
- Implement standards and set expectations for planning and execution.
- Ensure leadership has a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans.
- Identify and implement process improvements for the functional areas where you are engaged. Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Identify and implement new solutions, processes, or best practices where there isn’t a system in place
- Identify and implement standards for communications and reporting. Maintain a cultural awareness in your communications.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand and refer to the vision, goals, and initiatives for your business area(s).
- You bring 5-8 years of project management experience; PMP certification a plus!
- You have a background in consumer product or web technology company within an operational team, or in program/project management.
- You’ve worked in or are familiar with Customer Experience operations and metrics.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- Your project management experience includes contributing ideas to operational programs, helping to define roadmaps, and working with a team to implement initiatives.
- You know how to manage cross-functional projects. You strive to meet aggressive goals, and know when to reset expectations.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You are respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- You develop innovative solutions and collaborate with counterparts and cross-functional teams to implement them.
- You are able to juggle multiple projects and demands, effectively prioritize, and can multi-task like a pro.
- You’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and jumping in. Experience in a start-up environment is a plus.
- You bring knowledge of the product we offer and a passion for OfferUp.
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.