Director, Carrier Programs at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 27, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are a strategic, data-driven leader who can help your teams reach their full potential. You can effectively work across functions and lead multiple programs in parallel that are critical for the company. You’re results-oriented, both for the business and for your customers. You are excited about helping grow Convoy, and also love working with carriers. You’re great at experimenting with new solutions, assessing success, and choosing the right solutions for big investments.
- Develop, lead, and implement programs that improve margin, service, capacity, and customer experience across our marketplace, in partnership with teams across Convoy
- Design and lead strategic programs and tactics that help us win more volume with shippers, while ensuring we are creating a positive experience for them
- Coach, mentor, and lead high performing teams to help them reach their full potential
- Partner with Demand, Growth, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and other functions to lead critical initiatives to increase carrier acquisition, engagement, and marketplace performance
- Help your teams continuously design and launch experiments to test new levers for building capacity in our marketplace where we need it the most, and ensuring we always have engaged capacity to support rapidly growing shipment volume across our network
- Leverage technology and innovative tactics to deploy solutions at scale
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years professional experience in operations, supply, logistics, or similar fields.
- Experience leading high performing teams and helping them reach their full potential
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability
- Experience leading large programs from design through implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics to a range of audience, including executive leadership
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!