Director Process Solutions at Expedia Group
Expedia is seeking a Director, Process Solutions within the Enablement Solutions organization in Travel Partner Services (TPS) focused on improving TPS processes. This position sits within the Operational Excellence team and is a critical support role that uses continuous improvement, lean, and project management principles to execute on initiatives. The Process Solutions team represents and supports TPS by working with stakeholders to design and optimize processes, enhance the associate tool set and build a culture of continuous improvement.
As the Director of Process Solutions, you will provide thought leadership for improving the business, by defining and driving the strategic direction for the TPS end-to-end processes, providing insight, analysis, and recommendations on how to improve the support provided to suppliers, improve efficiency of the processes and elimination of defects. Leading a team of Program Managers responsible for broad business area(s), the responsibilities will involve setting the strategy for the group and accountability for tactical execution of these projects, leading the transition in a rapidly changing environment.
In addition, the role will involve participating and supporting corporate wide initiatives and being the voice of the TPS business in such initiatives ensuring we balance the TPS strategic direction with the overall company direction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing thought leadership & envisioning a future state of operational excellence, making recommendations that influence business decisions and outcomes, and working to drive the business towards a new operational vision
- Building and executing on an ongoing roadmap for delivering a portfolio of improvement programs across TPS’ end-to-end processes
- Supporting the strategic objectives of the Expedia Lodging Business by understanding the current state of Expedia’s lodging support organization, its customers, industry, and environment.
- Driving process simplicity and standardization globally throughout TPS business units while balancing region and market specific needs.
- Working with business operations to handle and continually improve the customer and staff experience while reducing operating costs.
- Working with technology teams and business partners to improve the effectiveness of TPS technology and process infrastructure.
- Acting as a change leader for the TPS business, ensuring innovations / developments are led to successful implementation.
- Acting as a change leader for the Process Solutions team – building and developing the team’s skillsets to keep pace with the a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Developing and harnessing the culture of innovation and creativity within Process Solutions
- Establishing a team culture that cultivates development and retention within TPS
- Working across departments and organizations to coordinate, inspire change and ‘get things done’
- Demonstrated ability to work in a continually changing and energizing environment, and creating and delivering value in this environment
- Excellent social and communication skills; able to effectively interact and form relationships with individuals of all levels.
- Ability to build tight-knit relationships with applicable leadership teams across Expedia Inc.
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional leader with a shown ability to drive implementation of new processes, tools and features while mitigating risks and balancing business needs.
- High degree of competency within all phases of leading initiatives including: issue and risk identification and management, change management, tracking dependencies and achievements, and communication of overall project status.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and curiosity for continuous improvement and root cause analysis.
- Constantly alert to opportunities for process improvement through different applications of technology, automation, or other tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA nice to have
- Demonstrated business and commercial acumen
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of project and process improvement leadership positions driving cross functional initiatives within a technology focused organization.
- E-commerce website or travel industry technology experience a plus
- Consulting experience or process improvement in Service environment would be an advantage
- Bellevue, WA preferred but open to other locations
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.