Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital streaming services, to social and mobile-first content. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing innovative and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to entertain and improve the lives of our customers.
Discovery is looking for an expert and customer obsessed Director, Program Management for the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and a Chip and Jo Gaines. As the Director Program Management, you will be a leader on a team working cross-functionally across product, design, engineering, content, marketing and business workstreams to bring new products to market and lay the groundwork for operations. You will ensure that the teams you work with proceed smoothly from ideation through to release. This role will help set our product and launch strategy, create and manage detailed cross-functional implementation plans.
- Work closely with DTC leadership team to finalize operational design for new products
- Build detailed cross-functional implementation plans against concrete timelines for key new product milestones; collaborate across functions to ensure successful execution of plans.
- Manage risks and issues, address resource conflicts, and generally remove blockers to ensure successful execution of plans. Have ability to recognize critical issues quickly and formulate mitigation strategies.
- Use quantitative and qualitative feedback to help drive process improvement.
- Create and improve processes to drive efficiency and predictable processes.
- Own and communicate the planning and delivery calendars for our products.
- Demonstrate results by delivering against high-impact program metrics.
- Serve as a key advisor to Magnolia DTC leadership on strategic topics and special projects.
- Lead cross-functional projects in close collaboration with the Magnolia DTC leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Own day-to-day program reporting, including status, priorities, risks (and mitigations), and action items.
- Ensure each team has the information and assets needed to effectively deliver their key priorities.
- Enhance program mechanisms and processes to support a culture of continuous improvements.
- 5+ years of experience in software product or program management within a technology or digital organization.
- Experience contributing in valued roles on high profile, multi-faceted programs.
- Experience delivering all phases of a project, including planning, design, development, and production.
- Experience working with senior and/or executive leadership.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to frame issues, articulate findings, and present optimal solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of follow-through.
- Adept at working cross functionally cross teams including product, product design and engineering
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Team player and relationship builder
- A love of working closely with others to empower them to excel.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- Bachelor degree in technology or business or equivalent experience. Masters a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.