Director, Strategic Initiatives at Expedia Group
Director Strategic Initiatives
We revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
As a Director in Business Strategic Initiatives, you will have full ownership to drive impact and execute strategic projects across the Expedia Group (EG) Lodging Partner Services (LPS) group. LPS is a strategically crucial organization that handles our core relationships with more than 500,000+ Global Hotel Partners in 200+ countries. These Hotel Partners are our valued suppliers as well as B2B customers. This position will act as essential business partner to the LPS group to develop and execute business strategy, in close coordination with the Product team and our Brands.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company
- 3-5 years in top tier consulting companies a plus; MBA strongly preferred
- Ability to lead, handle & mobilize multiple partners (including top executives) and demands in a dynamic change orientated environment
- Ability to strategize, design and execute towards ambitious goals, and generate creative new approaches to solving business problems
- Self-motivated, self-aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited mentorship
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills, takes a data-driven, analytical approach to draw upon business insight where information is incomplete
- Results-oriented, appetite for driving business impact / execution, including in a highly autonomous role
- Teammate - Creates a climate of inclusion and implements expansive strategies to bring a diverse set of perspectives to the team and solutions
- International experience and/or online or travel industry a plus
What you'll do:
- Identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities & risks with particular focus on how we can drive effectiveness across the team
- Frame the found opportunities including organic and inorganic growth options into specific initiatives and obtain agreement
- Develop & effectively operationalize our lodging strategy and operating plan with internal and external Expedia partners by gaining their consensus and active support
- Collaborate with our Analytics team to build fact-based insights and drive decision-making on investments and trade-offs, including launching and managing tests on key hypotheses
- Execute the strategy and monitor the business impact of initiatives (e.g. revenue, penetration, etc.) measuring the impact and status of initiatives across Expedia
- Act as the change engine for ongoing innovations in the hotel business, identifying and broadly implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Serve as the voice of LPS into broader Expedia Group global projects, ensuring input and feedback from the LPS organization is well-captured and integrated, collaborating closely with product development and other teams
- Initiatives may include for example: sales and operational effectiveness, scoping and launching new lines of business, supply/demand investments, pricing and go-to-market strategy, supply organization optimization, post-merger integrations of supply teams etc.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia’s growth is at the heart of what we do at the Business Development team and we are currently recruiting. If you want to be part of one of the most exciting brands in technology and are looking for your next high profile role where you can collaboratively create the paths in which we grow, this job is for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®,lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.