We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
Are you a senior experienced leader with a technical project management background that enables you to engage and communicate across leadership levels, and a strong program management background that enables you to support and drive delivery? As the Director, Technical Project Management, you will build a PMO and orchestrate all of the moving pieces necessary to ensure successful and on-time delivery. You will work closely with teams to signal actions or decisions, and to manage cross-functional issues and risks.
To succeed at OpenMarket, you need to be a “hands-on doer” who can think strategically and act tactically. You have strong sense of ownership, accountability for getting things done, and are excellent at managing multiple workstreams and dependencies. You are a self-starter and can establish credibility and rapport across levels and audiences.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and manage the technical portfolio for complex enterprise projects consisting of cross-functional teams and/or requiring integration with vendor.
- Execute in partnership with engineering, delivery teams, product management, leadership and stakeholders.
- Provide technical project, program and delivery thought leadership for the organization.
- Define the best approach and the release/delivery roadmap, then package and communicate the portfolio roadmap plan, track and measure results to stakeholder audiences.
- Enable clear, concise and effective reporting and communication flow across product and technical teams to support on time delivery, aligned to customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
What to Bring
- 12+ years’ experience as a Technical Program, Project and/or Delivery Manager, 3+ years of portfolio management.
- 8+ years building high functioning technical project, program or delivery teams, including recruiting, mentoring and retaining a diverse talent base.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will tailor communication to the appropriate audience, including executive levels.
- Contemporary knowledge of industry best practice support approaches in high tech environments
- Passion for building diverse teams and providing an inclusive environment where employees can show up as their authentic self and do their best work.
Nice to Have
- Industry experience in mobile messaging services like SMS, MMS, and emerging RCS preferred
- Hands-on experience leading teams using Agile methodology.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in software engineering, information technology, business administration or other related degree.
- PMP Tools experience and certification preferred.
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
This position is open in Seattle, WA or Remote.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation