Internal Communications Business Partner at Trupanion
Trupanion is looking for a Communication Business Partner to help educate and engage our most important audience: our growing team of over 1,100 employees spanning five brands and four (and counting!) countries. In this role, you'll report to the Director of Internal Communications and be part of the growing Corporate Communications team. Your work will touch and support all aspects of our business, build trust and confidence in our leaders and connect team members to one another.
If you love pets, enjoy working in a fast-paced growth company, and work well in a small, yet mighty, high-output, high-performance team, we want to hear from you!
Candidates for this position will be required to work out of our Seattle office at least part-time once it is safe to do so on a regular basis.
Please include a Cover Letter with your application that describes your experience as related to this position and why you are interested in working at Trupanion.
The work you'll do:
- Advance the Communications team's mission of connecting team members to the business and each other through relationship-building and communications support to teams across the company.
- Work closely with business owners, project managers, program leaders, and influencers to:
- Deepen understanding of what the Communications team does, drive behaviors of proactive "upstream" communications planning, and support cross-departmental collaboration and information-sharing.
- Provide guidance on internal (team member-focused) communications, strategies, and practices when it comes to company-wide and team-level information sharing around project launches, project pivots, major organizational or team (people) changes, etc.
- Develop and project manage the implementation of communications strategies and campaigns (including creating and distributing content, making sure all partners are aligned and informed, and driving the project to completion.)
- Recommend new insights for communicating critical business updates and increasing transparency into the department- and company-wide strategic priorities.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve internal communications processes to be more efficient and effective.
- Partner with Director and cross-divisional partners to support change management, respond to high-priority issues, and ensure responses are brand and voice appropriate.
- Support Corporate Social Responsibility work, including working with key partners to identify, measure and report on key CSR metrics.
- Support logistics and management of Leadership Team, All Team, Shareholder, and other company meetings, as needed.
What you bring to the role:
- 3-5 years related experience in a communications role
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred, equivalent experience accepted
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with 0365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Stream, Forms, Teams etc.)
- An ability to evaluate information and observe situations from multiple perspectives, and pragmatically synthesize and summarize that information.
- Project management skillset; a proclivity and proven system for ensuring alignment and agreement of partners, a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities, project updates to key partners, and project completion.
- Experience with working cross-divisionally to align and drive company-wide brand and product initiatives, including shaping content and experiences for in-person and virtual moments.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with people of different backgrounds, learning styles, professional styles, communications preferences, etc.
- Strong background in organizational and time-management skills - you have effective tools and strategies for successfully handling multiple projects, deadlines, and clients, and you do it with empathy and composure.
- The ability to nimbly prioritize work in response to changing company priorities in real-time, and seamlessly move between working in teams and independently.
- A solution-focused, collaborative and creative approach to challenges
- The ambition to take initiative; the judgment to seek input
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/ We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.