Learning and Development Program Manager
Smartsheet is looking for a Learning and Development Program Manager with a track record of success. We are a growing HR team in a high-growth Software as a Service (SaaS) company. The role will propose and build Smartsheet’s brand new Learning and Development program suite on topics including employee professional development, advanced manager training, learning and enrichment, career growth, team-based personality assessments, guest speakers, and more. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
With tens of thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users in more than 160 countries, the company is uniquely positioned to attract high-performing team members who thrive on challenge and agility. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Propose and build a suite of programs to align under our Learning and Development (L&D) initiative, leveraging a significant budget to create positive impact designed to improve retention, motivation, and employee satisfaction
- Work with a team of HR Business Partners and Generalists to design and execute programs fit for multiple business units
- Collaborate with executives and other internal stakeholders to create and keep relevant programs intended to enrich their departments, help manage change and growth, and challenge the status quo of demand-driven professional development
- Elevate the perception of L&D programs among executives, leaders, and team members
- Coordinate and lead activities and events related to L&D, utilizing other internal and external resources as appropriate
- Present, introduce, and advocate for programs at executive councils, department meetings, and all-hands meetings
- Partner with other HR and People Operations team members to bring Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) programs into the L&D suite; co-manage D&I programs with the Director of HR and SVP of People
- Become the Smartsheet subject matter expert on L&D and D&I needs, audiences, desired outcomes, success metrics, and strategies
- Effectively recruit and manage vendors to further the goals of these programs
- 5 years of direct experience with emphasis on adult learning and professional development or career coaching
- 3 years of direct management experience on small or large teams
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals inside and outside Smartsheet in a way consistent with our values and commitment to service
- Direct, approachable, and clear written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities, demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks under pressure
- Flexibility in handling workload fluctuations and multiple requests
- Acute understanding of confidentiality and access to sensitive information
- Advanced level of proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google for Work
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Smartsheet a plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.