The Localization team helps bring the Dropbox experience to users worldwide. To support our users outside of the United States, we partner with teams across the company to strategize on, plan for, and produce localized content. We are responsible for translating and bringing to life the Dropbox style, tone, and voice for users in 21 languages, across 200+ countries and territories.
The Localization Project Manager will have immediate impact by being responsible for the localization pipeline of a set of Dropbox products, features, and campaigns, working directly with teams to ship the best localized experience to users worldwide. Additionally, the Project Manager will own and drive initiatives around localization operations, processes, and systems to build and support localization at scale.Responsibilities
- Manage localization projects and/or incoming one-off requests from beginning to end: new product / feature launches, marketing releases, and new language initiatives.
- Inquire and support marketing moments, sales and blog posts related to the product or feature being worked on.
- Handle day-to-day translation projects, coordinating with external translators Vendor Project Manager, setting expectations and deadlines, and ensuring timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Track project status, assess project risks and blockers.
- Track and own some elements of the continuous quality improvement efforts such as localization quality assurance and localization and engineering bug triage.
- Work closely with stakeholders and handle communication with linguists, product management, and sales and marketing team.
- Evangelize and provide guidance and consultation to teams around localization processes and best practices.
- Address localization questions, concerns or queries from internal (Slack, oncall, emails, etc.) or external partners (emails, translation tool query management etc.).
- 5+ years Project/ Program Management experience (3+ years directly in Localization/ Internationalization)
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter with track record of juggling and prioritizing multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to balance multiple cross-functional stakeholders with varying needs of complexity
- Flexibility to deal with changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in an additional language is a plus
- Familiarity with CAT (computer-aided translation) tools
- BA/ BS degree or higher or equivalent experience