Localization Project Manager
Expedia Group is currently seeking a Bellevue-based Associate Project Manager to help execute the bold localization strategy of several EG brands.
The localization Project Manager will be responsible to drive localization aspect of technical content projects. The candidate will need technical acumen and excellent communication skills to manage process and tool improvements affecting our hotel content, working alongside the Montreal technical team and Program Managers. The selected candidate will need the ability to deliver projects on time, to budget and to high quality and work closely with the Localization Program Managers to ensure business needs are met.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for managing project scope, time, quality, and budget to meet objectives and deliverables on technical content projects
- Build excellent relationships with technical teams, driving closer integration with localization and process improvement
- Manage localization cycle to improve and maintain hotel content and tools related to this process
- Represent and project manage localization for technical /automation projects
- Propose potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and make objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken
- Actively lead risk mitigation / management and drive problem resolution as issues arise
- Provide support and input to internal departments about the localization process as required
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Experience in the localization and/or e-commerce industry as Project Manager
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of seniority from developers and project team up to Director/VP
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience managing outsourced suppliers/partners
- Experience with budget tracking, forecasting and reporting
- Experience / understanding of databases
- Experience working for a localization service provider or client-side localization department would be beneficial
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.