Manager II Optimization
The Manager II, Optimization’s aim will be to optimize each centrally managed partner through improved processes and product, working through root cause analysis and strong feedback loop with primarily the API and connectivity Product team. In that role, you will work in close collaboration with product and tech and the commercial teams to provide strong analysis of technical and operational partner’s performances.
As a Manager II, Optimization, you and your team will drive adoption of internal business initiatives and process efficiencies through automation when applicable.General responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Optimization specialists
- Continuously coach and provide recommendations to direct reports; improve team productivity and effectiveness by building the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Develop & drive sound recommendations based on insights from data analysis to optimize centrally managed partners support operations
- Lead the execution of overall Optimization team business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by Central Operation / LPS leadership
- Effectively handle working relationships, team's productivity and morale
- Continuously improve collaboration with other internal functions, within LPS and across Expedia.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 5-8 years’ experience in the travel or operational sector
- Approximately 20 – 30% of project management time
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve and set goals
- Lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong project management skills, including multiple projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines
- Strong eye on improving operational efficiency and working with data science
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.