Partner Launch Manager
Avalara is revolutionizing a fundamental business process most people never even consider - sales tax compliance. We’ve set our sights on being part of every business transaction on the planet. How's that for a big idea? We've been hiring non-stop since the day we opened our doors and dramatically scaling up our sales organization. Come join the Orange Revolution!
Avalara is looking for an experienced Partner Launch Manager on the Business Development Team. The PLM will focus on developing, selling and integrating new solution partners to Avalara. This position forms strong alliances with our Solution Providers by assisting them through the onboarding process. The PLM helps in creating and executing the initial partner business plans to drive new sales. Our channel is a referral partner network not a distribution channel meaning that we engage in the sales process and close deals for our partners.
The PLM is responsible for Account Management - driving highly qualified opportunities, closing deals and booking revenue through their assigned territory or named partners.
- Experience building and monetizing relationships
- Executive presence
- Sales capable - you can do a demo of software and close deals
- Able to manage conflict well
- Work ethic to build value and urgency with partners
- Work with a sense of purpose and responsiveness
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and make them relatable to salespeople
- Adaptable to changes in the market and in how business is conducted
- Establish and manage relationships with developing solution providers in order to create new opportunities for these partners and Avalara
- Establish and maintain executive, sales and marketing relationships
- Collaborate with the greater business development team and launch marketing to close deals
- Provide product and program training for Channel Partners & clients through webinars and demonstrations of our product offerings
- Attend and work trade shows and partner events including booths and public speaking
- Travel to various Development Partner offices for meetings, events and trainings
- Negotiating and closing end-customer deals
- Educating partners and their customers on Avalara’s sales tax solutions
- Hosting demos and Webinars
- Domestic travel: approx. 10%
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field, with a background in sales and marketing or account management if not specifically in channel and partner development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship/team building and account management skills
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team
- Five years’ high-tech industry experience selling directly to end customers and/or channel development or strategic alliance experience
- Software sales experience, including ERP, Accounting, CRM, and Software-as-a-Service/Cloud Computing business applications
- Solution-based selling experience.
- Consistent track record of exceeding annual sales quota.
- Capable of building and sustaining strong partner relationships.
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, team player with a strong work ethic.
- Marketing experience is not required, but preferred.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.