Principal Program Manager
Are you a senior level program manager looking to support a rapidly growing business?
Are you passionate about travel and adventure?
Are you ready to help people go places?
The Expedia Local Expert (LX) business provides travelers with access to activities, attractions, tours, transportation, and other services in destinations around the world. We are looking for a Principal Program Manager will join LX, one of the fastest growing businesses at Expedia, to support our most strategic programs. This leader will work across commercial and technical teams in LX and the broader Expedia Group to help the business win. In this role you are a valuable addition to our team, responsible for building out operations and support to achieve marketing objectives and strategic business opportunities for growth. You will identify and deliver the most strategic projects to grow the LX business. This will involve the full program life cycle: from gathering requirements from internal and external constituents to ensuring we achieve the right outcome. You will work closely with technology and commercial teams to translate requirements into fully realized programs and outcomes.
What you'll do with us:
- Drive the entire program/project/product lifecycle, including scope definition, requirements specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support with Brand, supplier, process improvements, and end customer usability in mind.
- Lead the development, test, and implementation of new technology and processes Synthesize requirements, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet ambitious timelines, including writing detailed stories and specifications, as needed; and coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features/ functionality/ processes.
- Manage project timeline, budget, issues and risks, and regular status reporting.
- Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
- Break down work into logical function groupings to enable the team to deliver early and often.
- Address bottlenecks, provide issue management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to improve business benefit
- Effectively lead customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer, Brand and technology needs.
- May conduct third-party product evaluation and integration.
- Collaborate with business owners on training, testing, process improvements, reporting and related activities.
- Facilitate critical trade-off decisions between investment, schedule, and customer benefit.
- Assist in driving problem resolution, as issues arise.
- Use their program/ product life cycle experience to influence the software development processes for groups outside their own.
- Can become a leading authority on new products or technology, as required by job demands.
- Encourage and influence others to try innovative ways of using technology or solving problems.
Who you are:
- Bachelors, Masters preferred.
- 10+ years industry experience as a program manager in a technology environment.
- Several years experience in large, ecommerce environment.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business partners.
- Dynamic record of successfully delivering complex software systems or services.
- Familiarity with web services, workflow modeling, and enterprise application integration.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices, identify what truly matters, and solve problems at time based on incomplete or imperfect information.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Deep understanding of software processes. including development, configuration, testing, and deployment
- Ability to apply deep business knowledge to drive strategic direction and vision for his/her group or operating unit.
- Ability to effectively advise on and inspire changes in the strategy or organization.
- Maturity, judgment; and negotiation, influence, analytical, and leadership skills.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you are applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.