Principal Technical Program Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will work with engineering and product teams to deliver world class products and applications. You'll play an integral role in ensuring new products and underlying technologies are not only delivered on time, but exemplify the top-notch quality our customers demand. Our teams span the globe and require program managers to keep the big picture in focus. It will be your responsibility to orchestrate and navigate the product delivery lifecycle, reducing friction, and ensure consistent communications amongst the teams.
Key Activities include
- Creating frameworks, coordinating & facilitating technically orientated nascent programs
- Developing, Tracking & Communicating the overall plan; definition and agreement on scope, success criteria, schedule, key milestones, deliverables, risks, dependencies
- Develop metrics and data models to drive recommendations that accelerate decisions
- Coordinate a regular cadence across the divisional and functional leaders with operational metrics needed for weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings with senior leadership.
- Closed Loop management of Customer Programs such as Design Partner & Early Availability Programs
Ongoing Activities include
- Drive initiatives for improvements in IT Workflow Products release processes, and technical enablement, to meet our business objectives.
- Developing required documentation such as process design documents, workshop agenda & presentations, stories, use cases, roles/responsibilities
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment for recommendations and assisting teams with resolving critical path technical issues and challenges
- Proactively identify and address issues with internal business units and engineering teams.
- Analyze processes and outcomes to identify root causes & drive opportunities for improvement
- Lead by example, as a thought leader and subject matter expert in agile methods and agile product delivery.
- Demonstrate visible leadership through internal presentations, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Establish, collect, and enable the reporting of key quality and product delivery process metrics to executives, organizational leaders and teams.
You are a key team player and driving force for the above.
- You have exemplary technical program management skills; this is in terms of process and documentation, keeping two steps ahead of the plan (foreseeing issues, risks, dependencies); leading and facilitating meetings; crisp verbal & written communication skills with ability to negotiate/influence and work cross-functionally.
- You are passionate about the customer experience and service availability; uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and sustainable solutions.
- You are also a critical thinker, embracing 'out of the box' thinking to solve problems.
- You lead by example; develop and share best practices across the team.
- You understand work can be fun and strive to create an environment that promotes team collaboration & pride in working towards a common goal. We like to have fun while we work, and you should too.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years technical project/program management experience building programs, project management, and release schedules on a global scale with 7+ years of that dedicated to running large engineering programs; basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Experience designing and building metrics, KPIs, and dashboards.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Results-Oriented, focusing on outcomes and accomplishments and thinking in terms of progress towards the big goal.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives, including the ability to concisely and accurately communicate to both engineers and senior management.
- Proven track record of using agile techniques to manage large scale and complex projects.
- Ability to efficiently context switch amongst multiple projects.
- Ability and desire to travel to ServiceNow locations worldwide.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.