Principal Technical Program Manager
About the role:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Engineering, driving cross platform projects. You will own the projects and the creation of processes that allow us to scale. In the past three years we have almost quadrupled in number of engineers and we plan to double a few more times in the coming years.
Skills we value in this role:
Project Management: The core of this role is delivery of projects at all scales. This means you are not only able to develop and drive cross organization strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and deliver cross team features and projects. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You have the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
Process: In this role you will be establishing processes that determine the priority of projects, getting senior management buy-in, and tracking the progress. A key element of success will be making a repeatable processes for 1) securing commitments from teams across the organization to drive towards shared goals, 2) driving consensus on the technical approach, 3) setting timelines, and 4) leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Own the quarterly planning process for determining, tracking and updating OKR (Objectives and Key Results) across the engineering organization
- Establish and lead the annual headcount and resource planning across all teams
- Drive platform migration and several cross-team initiatives
- Create the long-term technical roadmap for scaling our Machine Learning infrastructure to support more model-types, more products and orders of magnitude of growth
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of project management across large organizations
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
- Strong collaboration skills – experience working with product management, security, and other engineering teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams (backend engineers, data scientists, frontend engineers, product managers)
- Experience as a software engineer
- Familiar with machine learning tools and systems such as Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Jupyter, Tensorflow
- Experience working with teams or managing products that leverage machine learning, statistical natural language processing, or computer vision
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."