Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the Team: Convoy’s industry-leading Quality & Compliance team invests in safety and quality of the carrier network. We view compliance as a lever to decrease Convoy’s risk and provide incredible customer service to our shippers. The team is looked to for improving the safety on a per shipment basis as the company grows and setting the highest bar in the industry. We work closely with teams across the organization and pride ourselves in deeply understanding Convoy’s fast-moving business.
About You: You are a strong programmatic leader who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment! You are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. You excel when able to own your domain end-to-end, collaborating with teams across the company to define experience, build a strategy to deliver it, and achieve your goals. You enjoy digging into motor carrier and supply chain regulations. You are passionate about creating a safer industry and want to push the envelope on what has been done, creating a new standard. If you want to think big about the future of Convoy’s compliance practices, are passionate about customer experience, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Own, improve and drive Convoy’s motor carrier vetting process to ensure it remains best in class.
- Provide regulatory guidance as Convoy looks to expand and grow
- Review contracts with customers and vendors
- Drive both manual and automated processes to improve Convoy’s safety on a per shipment basis
- Dive deep into compliance data to help the program improve and scale
- Drive cargo security initiatives to ensure customer freight is safe from pick to drop
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to identify issues and develop effective solutions across different areas of Convoy’s business
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience in the supply chain compliance, with an emphasis on the trucking industry
- Experience improving safety using both manual and automated processes
- Experience managing solutions that require partnerships with both technical and non-technical personnel to complete complex initiatives.
- Can work across multiple programs and engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Can work well with ambiguity and think big, while utilizing data to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills and experience using relevant tools (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!