Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly, and we think combines the best parts of working in a startup with the best parts of working in a later stage technology company.
Passbook is banking designed for immigrants. It's easy to open an account with documents immigrants already have, built for travel back home and abroad, has no monthly fees, and makes remittances faster and cheaper than ever. Our mission is to create the most loved and trusted banking partner to immigrants globally. And we're just getting started.
About the Role
As a Risk Program Manager at Passbook by Remitly, you scale our customer protection efforts. Our team's goal is to tell good customers from bad actors so we can provide a smooth experience for the former and put friction in front of the latter. You will help achieve this goal by understanding customer and fraudster behavior, defining data-driven policies that balance superb customer experience with acceptable risk exposure, and implementing efficient and scalable processes that enforce them. You will work with product managers, engineers, data analysts, customer behavior investigators, customer success leaders, external vendors, and executive leadership. You will report directly to our Head of Risk.
What You'll Do
- Own sound decisions grounded in data, with direct impact on our customers and to our business
- Establish metrics to monitor risk performance and customer friction, measure success and identify opportunities for improvement
- Establish risk policies and service level agreements, partner with the Investigations Team to implement processes that enforce them, and iterate to simplify and scale
- Prioritize and manage complex projects across multiple teams and external partners
- Produce clear reporting documents and communicate to all partners
Who You Are
- Biased for action: willing to build the first prototype, try it, and iterate based on your findings
- Empathize with our good customers but also think like a fraudster
- 3+ years of experience building and scaling process improvement and analytics projects in a large organization
- Excel (can perform complex functions) and SQL knowledge. You have a mind towards scaling operations
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or other quantitative fields
- Bonus: 1+ years experience in fraud and risk management in a financial services setting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer