Program Manager - Risk at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Risk Team keeps bad actors out of our system, while still providing exceptional experiences for our customers. We do this through a combination of machine learning, product features, and sound decisions grounded in data. We are a diverse team made up of program managers, engineers, product managers, analysts, and data scientists with lots of growth opportunities.
We are looking for an analytical Program Manager to help run the Risk Program. You'll make decisions to protect our customers and run the team's operations. Reporting to the Principal Program Manager in Risk, you'll work across teams and directly with senior team members to influence the decisions we make. On this fast-growing team, you will impact Remitly's profitability and growth by creating the structure and programs to help us mitigate risk loss.
What you'll do:
- Build a long-term vision for managing payment risk while helping Remitly and its users to grow
- You will be responsible for sound decisions grounded in data, with direct impact to the business
- Perform analyses to validate customer or business hypothesis
- Build and monitor goals and metrics to identify and measure opportunities and success
- Manage complex projects, often with competing timelines and resource needs
- Create clear reporting documents for a broader audience beyond the team
- Work with a global, diverse team that includes engineers, product managers, analysts, and data scientists to achieve a shared goal of minimizing payment risk across Remitly
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience leading process improvement and analytics projects in a large organization for results.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or other quantitative fields
- You solve problems with data at scale
- Excel and/or SQL knowledge will be indispensable
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes that scale with growth
- A hunger to always build a better customer experience
- Bonus if you have knowledge of fraud and risk management in a financial services setting
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Opportunity to support students through the Remitly Scholars Program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer