Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Program manager on the product team you will work across the organization to develop and accelerate new offerings focused on driving volume growth. This role will primarily be focused on new offerings and will require you to partner with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to envision, launch and scale these offerings to fulfill unmet customer needs. Strong communication, ability to think big and create 0->1 initiatives, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate new offerings for our customers are a must.
What You'll Do:
- Strategy and Incubation for 0->1 launches - You will work with sales and product to conceive new product offerings for various customer segments, write working backwards documents (PR/FAQ), and gain leadership alignment to pursue most promising offerings.
- You will iteratively and quickly test your hypothesis by being scrappy.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will be required to design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure product success.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to improve core funnel metrics of these new offerings
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with product, sales, business development, account managers, data science, marketing, and other teams to execute and accelerate on long term innovation for our customers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Immediate Impact: 3-5 years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Embrace ambiguity: Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces. Proven ability launching 0->1 initiatives.
- Strategy: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and step function improvements. Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness, curiosity and can drive concrete progress. Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your program. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!