Program Manager at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a Program Manager to lead a variety of complex cross-functional projects. This role will participate in the process by which enterprise projects are submitted, prioritized and measured; and report on project progress and status. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving business problems, creating operational excellence, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You must be a results-oriented individual who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Successfully lead all aspects of complex cross-functional projects.
- Own and drive the complete project lifecycle to ensure successful project delivery and implementation.
- Work with stakeholder(s) to establish and define a yearly program road-map.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to solicit and create project requirements.
- Run development team backlog, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in TFS.
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and conflict to bring teams and business groups into alignment.
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders and projects/tasks simultaneously.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
- 5+ years experience leading technology projects with multiple work streams and partners
- Demonstrated strategic planning ability
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with experience leading multiple projects with competing priorities in a calm and efficient manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence program stakeholders
- Self-starter attitude and ability to build a strong rapport and trust with resources across multiple functional areas.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.