Avalara Engineering is seeking an experienced Program/Communications Manager who is a veteran in the software development industry and is eager to take on a new and exciting role to drive operational and organizational success in Engineering. The Program Manager (YOU!) takes the lead in ensuring planning, communications, cross departmental learnings and employee outreach is executed with a focus on great experience for customers, employee and stakeholders. This role is a key part of our success as an organization – ensuring that we all understand the goals, needs, priorities and the vision we to focus on to accomplish our mission together.
The Program Manager proactively plans, communicates, collects feedback and drives efforts to ensure we give Engineering employees and stakeholders at all levels the information we need to be successful together as One Avalara.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding expectations and driving organizational success.
- Assist in the definition of engineering success, scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Create compelling communications, presentations and agendas to share successes, challenges and updates internal and external to Engineering.
- Assist in the design and implementation of scorecards and dashboards to provide transparency and drive action in key SLA areas.
- Keep organizational confluence pages up to date and leverage data to provide insight into Engineering projects and priorities.
- Drive precision in the agenda creation and execution of Engineering all hands meetings.
- Actively Monitor and solve problems to keep projects moving forward. Report and escalate issues as needed.
- Leverage strong analytical expertise to report on progress and blockers.
- Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Assist internal team members with developing and enhancing process procedures.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Experience working at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Strong ability to articulate process logic and technical concepts including building and delivery of technical concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business development.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure end to end success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Strong ability to understand and conceptualize technical and SDLC concepts.
Preferred Qualification (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- PMP certification.
- Expertise with Jira and Confluence.