Program Specialist - Carrier Account Manager
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You are good at process improvement and quick-fire negotiations. You connect with people and build/manage business relationships in a sales environment. You are open to a cross-functional role but are open to learning your specialty along the way.
You will take ownership of:
- Sourcing new carriers, developing and managing carrier relationships
- Understand carrier’s business and help them grow their business with Convoy
- Work directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Acting on the front lines to assist with active shipments, coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams
- Ensuring that shipments are executed according to customer specifications
- Monitoring quality metrics of partner carriers in the program
- Training carriers and drivers on how to use the product, improve their performance, and grow their businesses with Convoy• Troubleshoot and problem solve within tight deadlines
- Helping to build a world class team
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with customers over the phone
- Ability to relate to, and build trust with, carriers & truck drivers
- Startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience a plus
- Familiarity with negotiation frameworks
- Strong written and cross-functional communication skills
- Experience with data entry, pulling, and tracking
- Strong work ethic & attention to detail
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description