Project Coordinator, Temporary
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is looking for a Temporary Project Coordinator to join our Website Development team. This role is a minimum six month assignment.The position’s primary focus is to support the website software development team with incoming requests such as campaigns, features and maintenance requests – with emphasis on cross-team coordination. Working with internal business partners such as Marketing, Merchandising and International teams, you will define requirements, document, schedule, and communicate releases of new features and content.
The best fit for this success driven team is someone with the ability to remain organized in a rapidly changing environment, is reliable, has excellent communication skills, and is driven to provide high quality service.
The successful candidate is detail oriented, able to determine direction in the face of evolving requirements and takes pride in seeing their work on the website. Ability to maintain organization and cohesion between business group requests is vital. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-skilled software development team and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with internal departments to define requirements and consensus among groups
- Communicate requirements and deadlines to cross-functional teams
- Coordinate, plan and drive campaigns, feature and maintenance utilizing Agile methodologies
- Manage work and collaborate with team leads, developers and department stakeholders
- Set clear direction for resourcing in the face of rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Identify and resolve gaps in requirements and development blockers across departments
- Previous experience in project coordination or a related role
- Proven ability to manage requests and coordinate between stakeholders to deliver within agreed timelines
- Professional position working in technology environment (1-3 years)
- Ability to organize, multitask, and execute campaigns and projects on time
- Strong organizational and cross-team communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization and planning skills
- Experience with software development processes (Agile/Scrum preferred)
- Familiar with software development ticketing systems (JIRA/Confluence preferred)