At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Project Manager – Business Intelligence will play a driving role in scoping, aligning, and ensuring efficient delivery of enterprise data and analytics initiatives. This role demands highly effective communication across a range of stakeholders and a strong inclination to process and organization. This is an exciting opportunity for the growth-minded candidate to elevate the BI program, learn and contribute in a fast paced, rapidly growing business.
The Business Intelligence team supports rigorous and data-driven process by delivering key analytics and insights internally to every facet of the business. Our work produces tools and data to help the enterprise grow and run more efficiently, at both strategic and tactical levels. As the scope and sophistication of data applications and platforms continue to grow, so does the need for leadership and support of emerging programs and strategic business initiatives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide organization and focus for BI team to ensure alignment of the team's OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with those of our stakeholders
- Collaborate with project team members to complete business and scoping requirements for each major project, beginning with the project brief & timeline and ending with the project post-mortem. Translate requirements into clear project plans with an understanding of roles and responsibilities, dependencies, timeline and costs – working cross-functional when necessary. Take necessary pro-active measures to ensure projects are on-track
- Establish project health reporting metrics, boards and templates to document and track progress. Ensure distribution of meeting notes and project status info at an established cadence depending on business need
- Own weekly BI program status report for PitchBook's executive team
- Assist Sr Director with creation and maintenance of monthly program update and business impact summaries
- Assist team with documentation for both Snowflake / fields as well as business logic and queries while keeping these assets aligned in source control
- Track and triage reporting fields and objects for consistency and integrity, play a key role in the governance of business data and BI usage
- Maintain BI team documentation repositories such as SharePoint and Confluence including related tools that support communication and collaboration around this information (e.g. dedicated Slack channel, Asana, etc.)
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraged desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and project as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience working in a project management function in/near Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI) or software development teams
- Direct experience with project management tools such as JIRA or Asana while working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills regarding project health and issues, with a concentration on data management and reporting projects, across varied audiences is especially key in this role
- Basic knowledge and ability to create simple reports and views in a visualization tool such as Tableau
- Advanced skill level in Excel. SQL skills nice to have
- Knack for creating and supporting efficient process while keeping concurrent projects organized and on-track
- Familiarity with Scrum, Agile and/or other methodologies of project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or other form of accreditation preferred
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.