Project Manager, Local Expert at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about project management?
Do you believe that the right activity can make a good trip great?
Are you ready to help people go places?
The Expedia Local Expert (LX) team believes that experiences are the heart of travel, and every traveler deserves a memorable experience on every trip. Our team, brings those activities to travelers through knowledgeable local concierges in targeted destination markets. Our destination teams deserve the best operational tools, reporting, processes, and people available. In the LX Operational Business Excellence team we provide that backbone, and drive projects and operational activities to capitalize on opportunities to help the business and our people grow and flourish.About You:
You thrive on leading projects within a fast paced environment to achieve strategic goals across large, complex organizations. You lean in to new opportunities for transformation and growth with enthusiasm and bring others with you with your vision and energy. You bring an overflowing project management toolbox with you to achieve great things with speed and effectiveness.What you'll do with us:
- Collaborate with your teammates and leaders to identify a portfolio of high value projects to drive improvement and growth of our target destination markets
- Lead your project team in team formation, engaging partners and identifying the right resources for the core and extended project teams
- Plan the project, leading identification of goals, landmarks, and memorializing these with high quality artifacts
- Create and maintain an easy-to-consume visual of plan, status and dependencies.
- Create materials which allow the teams to quickly see where attention and resources are placed or required
- Define achievements across projects and work with teams to implement tracking of task and delivery
- Hold owners accountable for their commitments
- Conduct project team meetings to provide status updates and identify issues, risks and mitigation strategies
- Partner with the wider Operations Excellence team to ensure coordination across all organizational changes and work to identify gaps and risks
- Propose solutions (or facilitate solution identification)
- Work with Change Management team to raise risks to leadership teams as needed to garner support for changes in scope, schedule, or budget
- Adapt project plans to evolving conditions and ensure high-quality delivery
- Establish centralized source for shared information, documentation, key data points
- Ensure that project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans are readily available for internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle
- You will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of issues related to the project
- Facilitate project meetings focused on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback, and fostering open communication within the team on project planning and execution
- Develop and deliver executive level presentations and communications
- 5 or more years of experience leading initiatives and change from inception through delivery in a dynamic, global environment
- High degree of competency with project management and related methodologies including: scoping, issue & risk identification, general project management, tracking dependencies, and communication of overall project status
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively and thrive in a complex environment
- PMP certification, project management masters certificate, or equivalent certification highly desirable
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.