Project Manager Rock Star - Scheduler
Shiftboard is looking for an experienced Project Manager to successfully drive complex customer implementations and key product initiatives. This is a unique opportunity that will not only deliver on valuable company projects but will serve as a subject matter expert on scheduling for the entire organization.
On a typical day you might….
- Speak with customers like MLB, Netflix, and the Burning Man festival to develop and refine project and product requirements
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to prioritize and scope work for a sprint
- Manage feature and task tradeoff decisions across a customer’s initiative
- Provide Engineering with decision support and the “voice of the customer”
- Write a blog post or whitepaper articulating the challenges of a scheduler
- Administer Customer Advisory Board meetings
- Support the Sales team on a proposal for a new customer rollout in Europe
- Review and approve the results of an engineering sprint
- Partner with Customer Success to brainstorm workflow methodologies and best practices
- Work with Business Development to evaluate a potential partner
- Write a Statement of Work defining a feature to be delivered for a customer’s technical specifications
- Find a clever way to celebrate the team’s success at achieving an important milestone
- Collaborate with a customer to build a more engaged and happy team
- Negotiate with a customer to find a compromise in what we can deliver
- Present to executive leadership regarding a pivotal project status
- Provide a status report on scope, timeline and project to internal and external stakeholders
- Propose a new approach to communicating status with customers
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years in project management, technology / SaaS a plus
- Experience scheduling shift-based workers
- The aptitude and appetite to develop an end-to-end understanding of the business. You need to be able to understand the needs of, and influence engineers, marketers, sellers, customer success, and customers.
- Technical chops. You must be able to influence and motivate talented and brilliant engineers.
- Indirect leadership skills. Effectiveness in this role requires you to communicate a vision and drive multiple teams toward execution without direct authority.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. You are clear, concise, and at times, inspiring.
- Strong presentation and experience in support of technology sales a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and relationship skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and able to prioritize workloads and deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to develop and deliver creative business solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to influence individuals from senior to junior levels of the organization to implement change.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and solid business writing skills required.
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization skills
- Must be able to work well under the pressure of heavy, time sensitive workload
- Passion for customers and solving their problems
- Experience working in finance operations management would be a bonus.