Expedia Group revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and driven team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 50 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Through incorporating a product-led approach and agile practices, we are focused on building a test and learn culture to improve our ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an increasingly competitive environment.
As a Project Manager, you will play an exciting role in an evolving space where you can make an impact. This position will be a key resource in the HR People Services team and you will directly support initiatives to scale and simplify how HR is delivered to all Expedia Group employees worldwide. You will work closely with a diverse partner group including product managers, technology team, vendors, HR Centers of Excellence, Finance, IT and others to drive strategic initiatives and programs. Projects include complexities such as crossing geographies, Expedia Group brands, or acquisition integrations.
What you'll do:
- Project leadership and delivery, including creating the project charter, timeline, project plans, status reports, resource plans, project triage, issues, risks, decisions and budget
- Facilitate large meetings with diverse partner groups (kickoff meetings, status meetings, steering committee, design sessions, issue meetings, etc.)
- Drive and communicate issues, expectations, deliverables, and key project landmarks across functional areas
- Manage a broad variety of projects, varying in complexity, across locations and functions
- Manage various efforts including requirements gathering, design, testing, conversion, integrations, training, communications and reporting
- Anticipate information needs, identify gaps and organize data and communications cohesively and clearly
- Collaborate to simplify and improve process by measuring against success metrics and incorporating lessons learned
- Get stuff done attitude!
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of end-to-end project management experience
- You are a great communicator, able to clearly communicate issues, ideas and concepts both verbally and in written form
- You have first-class influencing skills, including experience working within a large organization and a facility for working with cross-functional teams to deliver
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new systems, subject matter, and processes quickly
- Ability to sometimes work flexible hours (e.g. early morning or late night) to support projects in global locations
- Get stuff done attitude
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing needs and excellent attention to detail
- You are comfortable multi-tasking and able to handle multiple tasks and projects at a time
- You have a solid track record leading successful HR, technology or operational projects
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.