At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About The Role:
The Project Manager is responsible for the management and execution of projects across multiple teams and departments. This role will help drive the creation of project plans, track dependencies, manage both internal and external stakeholders, monitor project performance and roadmap updates, generate project status communications and reports, ensure timely completion of deliverables, and support team communication and collaboration.
The Project Management Team is responsible for ensuring efficient project execution. The team will help support project team members by coordinating work and removing obstacles/distractions to allow the team to focus on projects. Our team helps bring best practices, drive continuous process improvements across multiple teams and functions, all towards the goal of running Product as effectively as possible.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help define project scope and schedule to drive the creation of detailed project plans.
- Lead project meetings and ensure consistent distribution of meeting notes, status updates and project progress communication to keep all necessary stakeholders informed.
- Facilitate team development of project milestones, work breakdown structures, critical paths, project statuses, project risks and dependencies, and contingency plans.
- Ensure all necessary resources and stakeholders adhere to project plans and assign action items to assure project execution.
- Follow up with team on action items and project updates, holding individuals and team members accountable to commitments.
- Proactively identify potential risks, dependencies, and obstacles that may hinder successful completion of deliverables and achievement of project goals.
- Monitor changes to the project scope and project schedule and track project performance updating project plans and roadmaps.
- Understands how to implement best Agile practices for the team.
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization and train the team on Agile Methodologies and principles.
- Establish reporting metrics, boards, and templates to document and track project progress and ensure distribution meeting notes, status of projects, etc. at established cadence.
- Create and manage project schedule, roadmaps, and resource plans and incorporate into dashboards and reports.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science OR 4 or more years relevant experience performing the duties of this position.
- 3-5 years of Software Development Life-Cycle project management experience specifically in enterprise applications and data integrations.
- 1+ years experience as a Scrum Master.
- 1+ years experience applying successful SCRUM/Agile methodologies and techniques in a complex environment supporting multiple teams.
- Ability to help direct, plan, and deliver on multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Takes initiative and owns projects from start to finish.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, change management and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and constantly looking for process improvements and lead those efforts and initiatives.
- Proficient in JIRA and Asana to track tasks and develop reporting, boards, etc.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
- Ability to work with little direction or supervision.
- Experience setting up reporting Dashboards, boards, metrics and implementing reporting best practices with the team (for internal and external communications).