In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Product team is looking for a Project Manager to help with the management and execution of project deliverables. More specifically, this role will help drive the creation of project plans, monitor project performance and roadmap updates, generate project status communications and reports, ensure timely completion of deliverables, and support team communication and collaboration. Competitive candidates are detail-oriented and will have excellent project management and communication skills, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help define project scope and schedule to drive the creation of detailed project plans
- Support project meetings and ensure consistent distribution of meeting notes, status updates and project progress communication to keep all necessary stakeholders informed
- Facilitate team development of project milestones, work breakdown structures, document handoffs and dependencies, critical paths, project statuses, project risks, and contingency plans
- Ensure all necessary resources and stakeholders adhere to project plan and assign action items to assure project execution
- Follow up with team on action items and project updates, holding individuals and team members accountable to commitments
- Proactively identify potential risks, dependencies, and obstacles that may hinder successful completion of deliverables and achievement of project goals
- Monitor changes to the project scope and project schedule and track project performance updating project plans and roadmaps
- Establish reporting metrics, boards, and templates to document and track project progress
- Help manage project schedule, roadmaps, and resource plans and incorporate into dashboards and reports
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or proven working experience in project management
- 1-3 years project management experience
- Ability to help direct, plan, and deliver on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Strong project management, problem-solving, change management and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and constantly looking for process improvements
- Proficient in JIRA and Asana to track tasks and develop reporting, boards, etc.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.