Release Program Manager II at Expedia Group
Looking for an opportunity to couple your passion for technical delivery with your ability to craft and implement processes to support the growth of an engineering team? The People Technology Engineering team delivers against a set of critical initiatives, supports ongoing tech operations and infrastructure, and builds out our architecture. This highly visible role lays the groundwork for processes that are essential to our success while owning the technical programs that ensure we simplify and extend our foundation!
Who you (candidate) are:
- An agile technology program / project manager with 3+ years’ delivery experience, a passion for process and standards, and expertise in implementing release and capacity management methodology.
- A SAAS professional with knowledge of technologies such as Workday and ServiceNow coupled with traditional knowledge of systems architecture and integrations.
- A storyteller who can provide visibility to our foundational technical work through reporting and dashboards, with experience with JIRA (Advanced Roadmaps) and Confluence preferred.
- Detail oriented, yet pragmatic, with a bias for results, you bring experience coordinating across teams and geographies!
What you will do/role & responsibility:
- Define and implement the overall Release planning process, keeping it lean and efficient.
- Coordinate with TPMs on the Release process including environment needs and release timing, ensuring that we are transparent in what and when things are releasing to Production.
- Work with peers to define and lead a resource capacity model, including development of utilization reporting, forecast for upcoming projects, and oversight of contract budget spend.
- Lead Program Management of technical initiatives including architecture simplification and optimization of our Engineering Maturity backlog.
- Partner with related teams to coordinate architecture simplification approach and workflow dependencies.
- Be responsible for the People Tech Confluence structure and ongoing content organization strategy.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.