Sales Operations Manager - Demand Planning at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:49 p.m. (CST) on Friday, December 20, 2019
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Working within our Business Operations & Sales Strategy team, you will be responsible for critical forecasting and goal setting work across our rapidly expanding sales org.
As a Sales Operations Manager at Convoy, you will work to answer high priority strategic questions critical to the future of Convoy’s business. These include forecasting sales growth, modeling future hiring needs, and helping to determine the future structure of Convoy’s sales department.
In this position, you’ll leverage your strong analytical and business intelligence skills to gather insight from data, while demonstrating superior communication and project management skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence to manage differing priorities and stakeholders across the company.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build financial models to determine and communicate new account acquisition and account growth goals for sales teams to drive towards overall company growth goals.
- Align internal stakeholders around goals.
- Conduct both short term and long term sales growth forecasts based on multiple forecasting methodologies in order to guide investment and hiring decisions. Where necessary, make improvements to these methodologies.
- Proactively communicate forecasts to internal stakeholders including sales, finance, and pricing teams
- In collaboration with stakeholders across the demand org, establish key business metrics for tracking company growth
- Through analysis and business intelligence, Identify and effectively communicate key levers to accelerate sales growth.
- Design, launch, and oversee new initiatives to drive sales levers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Data analytics, or related field
- 5+ years professional/business experience
- Strong Analytical skills: ability to cut through the noise and pull insight from data
- Strong excel and/or SQL skills
- Experience with stakeholder management at an executive level a plus
- Experience working with sales teams in high growth environments a plus
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description