Senior Consultant, Program Leadership
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Consultant for our growing Operations Excellence Practice. Our consultants work in a variety of capacities helping organizations plan for and execute one or more initiatives that will deliver a new business capability with impacts across 1-2 business functions. As a growing practice, we also offer our consultants opportunities to participate in practice development and support sales and marketing efforts. Effective Project Management is based on the principle that success is depended on proactive management and close collaboration across a cross-functional Project Team.
Successful candidates will manage and/or participate in the following types of engagements for our clients:
- Ontime, on budget, on scope delivery of an industry or technology specific project, or a single work stream within a business and/or technology initiative
- Support for PMO planning, rollout and execution, and ongoing initiative monitoring with appropriate project metrics
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in PMO processes, procedures, and alignment with best practices
- Process Improvement and PMO Optimization
- Project management – from planning to execution to knowledge transfer
- Develops and balances plan for successful execution
- Works with project sponsor (and PMO or program team) to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives – including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
- Acts as liaison to internal and external constituencies, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Manages project resources, budgets, and deliverables
- Proactively identifies and manages issues and risks
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies
- Effective oversight and control of project management and processes (e.g., resource/workload management)
- A proven track record (consulting experience a plus) that demonstrates abilities to work closely with project team members (technical and operational) and business line personnel
- Strong skills in project management and tools such as MS Project, Planview, Clarity
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to coach and mentor team members on project management processes and tools
- Keep current on professional best practices through professional literature and training workshops
- Strong Business Analysis skills a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to travel 50-70%
- 1-3 years of proven experience in project management and PMO operations (e.g., project planning and management, business analysis/process and application development) and in use/application of project best practices
- Clear understanding and experience in project execution approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and OPM3)
- Ability to leverage past experience to provide strategic guidance to project sponsors on risk management and change management for business and technology initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, influence others and manage conflict to successful, productive conclusion