Senior Manager, Payment Strategic Partnerships
The Senior Manager, Payment Strategic Partnerships will play a significant role in the Expedia Global Payments (EGP) organization at Expedia Inc. EGP is responsible for enabling $70 Billion customer and supplier payment services for a portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Inc. These brands include globally well-known online travel brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Homeaway, Orbitz, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network, Orbitz, and Hotwire. Expedia Inc. is a 2013 Bloomberg Businessweek 50 list company, an annual ranking of S&P 500 companies with the best recent performance and outlook for the future. Expedia Inc. brings travel, technology together through a collaborative culture, it is ranked as one of the best places to work for 2016 in United States.
The Senior Manager, Payments Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for the Performance of a portfolio of payment partners and vendors. As a critical member of the strategic Partnership/vendor management team in EGP, the Senior Manager will be driving the following areas for the assigned vendors or partners. This role will report directly to the Senior Director, Payment Strategic Partnerships at EGP.
1. Payment Industry Intelligence, Innovations and Trends- stay abreast of commercial, regulatory and innovative trends in the payment industry, ensure our payment business is benefitted from our partners’ expertise, capabilities and innovations
2. Strategic Alignment with External Partners/vendors- Drive strategic alignment between payment vendors/partners and Expedia Inc. teams including marketing, advertisement, banking, legal and EGP products. Serve as Expedia Inc’ go-to person for the payment vendors and partners to ensure holistic engagement at the enterprise level.
3. Define and Execute Partners/vendors Strategy- Define and execute partner/vendor strategy at region, payment method and payment method levels, align partner/vendor strategy roadmap behind EGP goals and priorities, partner with vendors to ensure high-quality, timely delivery of prioritized initiatives
4. Maximize Partner/vendor Performance– Increase partner/vendor performance while maximizing financial benefits for Expedia Inc. through:
- Transparent and effective business reviews including QBRs and weekly calls
- Conduct partner/vendor benchmarking, RFI, RFP or similar kind
- Perform contract negotiations and monitor contract performance
- Executive-level escalations and resolution for partner/vendor issues that have massive impact
- Establish KPIs to constantly identify opportunities to optimize partner/vendor performance
A successful candidate will:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision making: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to the decisions towards better business outcomes.
- 2~3 years’ experience in strategic partner or vendor management, with a track record of turning around partner relationships to drive significant results
- 2~3 years of experience in independently negotiating contracts, preferably in an ecommerce or IT services environment
- Payment or travel industry knowledge and execution experience, understand economic drivers of each players in the industry value chain
- Expertise in one of the following areas would be a strong plus: B-to-B payments, Supplier Payments, Virtual Credit Cards, B-to-B or C-to-B Disbursement
Relocation (Y/N): Y
*LI-LD1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.