Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are an experienced people leader with quality assurance and statistical quality control expertise. You understand the virtuous cycle between Quality and Process Improvement and are eager to build and scale a Quality Assurance program from the ground up. You and your team will use data to tackle broad, ambiguous questions to ensure a best-in-class experience for Convoy’s shippers and carriers. You can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment and are excited to help Convoy understand, measure, and improve the quality of service we deliver. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Provide functional leadership in statistical tools, problem solving, program management, operational excellence and a variety of process improvement and development techniques.
- Build and lead a Quality Assurance team of program managers, business analysts, and auditors. Model functional techniques and develop junior team members.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to increase service levels by minimizing waste and addressing person, product or process root causes. Partner with other leaders to drive a culture of process control and operational excellence.
- Own the end-to-end planning and execution of quality programs. This includes the development of metrics to proactively identify system level trends and creating the virtuous cycle between Quality and Process Improvement. This will require developing a broad understanding of the business in order to drive effective paths to scale.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or other quantitative field. MBA is a plus.
- 3+ years of people management experience leading a quality, analytics, or process control team.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement, program management, quality or statistics.
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions. Skilled at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; proficiency in SQL and statistical tools.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Expertise in a variety of process design and improvement techniques, including Lean and Six Sigma. Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Preference for experience in a startup environment.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!