Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Are you a strategic thinker passionate about travel and technology? Are you excited about driving strategic initiatives from conception to business impact? If yes, Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), Expedia Group’s partner-focused arm, is looking for a forward-thinking individual like you to join our strategy team, based in Bellevue.
As the Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives, you’ll work directly with our Enterprise Solutions business, to provide strategic support for some of our largest, premium partners, playing a crucial role in the continued evolution of this rapidly growing business.What you’ll do
- Establish strong relationships across the Expedia organization and become a key business partner to senior leadership of the Enterprise Solutions business, including Business Development, Customer Experience, Finance, Marketing, LPS, etc.
- Identify and deliver key medium and long-term strategic initiatives to improve the Enterprise Solutions business performance and positioning
- Support the annual planning process, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, and preparation of the plan
- Assess new market and innovation opportunities and help define go-to-market strategies
- Identify threats and help develop strategies for countering them
- Translate long-term targets into tangible financial and operational objectives
- Track, communicate and draw insights from performance of ongoing initiatives
You’ll fit this role if you have
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university. MBAs preferred
- 5+ years of experience within a management consulting firm and/or a corporate strategy function within a technology company
- Ability to work independently, as this role will report to the Head of Strategy, based in London
- Ability to quickly form effective cross-functional relationships, working closely with our senior leadership and collaborating on a day-to-day basis with other teams at EPS and Expedia Group
- A passion for framing unstructured problems, pulling data and insight from across the organisation, building models and creating clear (and appealing) presentations
- An inquisitive mind and a humble character. Always asking questions and looking to go a level deeper to really recognize the problem and come up with a creative solution
- Confidence in dealing with ambiguity and imperfect information
- Willingness to travel (~20%) to locations within the United States and to the EPS headquarters in London
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campusExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.