Senior Manager, Strategy & Transformation at Expedia Group
Changing and innovating in the market to drive Expedia Group’s growth is at the heart of what we do on the Strategy & Transformation team, and we are currently recruiting. If you want to be part of one of the most exciting brands in technology and are looking for your next high profile role where you can define the paths in which we grow, read on.
As a Senior Manager of Strategy and Transformation, you will define and drive strategic projects across the Travel Partners Group (TPG) organization. TPG unites all Expedia Group supply teams - that’s conventional lodging, vacation rentals, activities, air, cruise and car – to represent all our brands, as well as Media Solutions, and the related functions that power those teams, to form a truly unique and outstanding powerhouse in the Travel Industry.
What You'll Do:
- You will identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities, and risks, with particular focus on how to drive efficiency across the TPG organization and the broader Expedia Group
- Develop & operationalize our lodging strategy and operating plan with internal and external Expedia partners by gaining their consensus and active support
- Work directly with senior leadership across Expedia Group to drive decision-making and alignment
- Identify and frame opportunities in a structured, data-driven way to clearly communicate options, risks, trade-offs
- A change agent for ongoing innovations and efficiencies
- Collaborate cross functionally to inspire change in the hotel business by identifying and implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Initiatives may include for example: scoping and launching new lines of business, pricing and go-to-market strategy, sales and operational effectiveness, supply/demand investments, supply organization optimization, post-merger integrations of supply teams, etc.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience, with a preference for those with a management consulting background and/ or a similar role in a leading technology company; MBA strongly preferred
- A visionary with the ability to execute on end-to-end deliverables
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Lead, run & mobilize multiple stakeholders (including top executives) and balance multiple demands in a multifaceted fast-paced environment
- Ambitious, self-aware, and able to drive success while working autonomously
- Ability to synthesize and present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- Bias to action - with an appetite for driving business impact/execution
- International experience and/or experience online or in the travel industry preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.