Senior Product Launch Program Manager
Avalara has been rated a leader by IDC in the 2019 MarketScape report on Sales Tax and VAT applications. We are a dynamic B2B SaaS company based in Seattle that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of sales tax easier for our customers.
Product launch is an opportunity to positively influence market and customer perception of Avalara while driving pipeline and adoption through an announcement of a new product, feature, partnership, integration, tool or service
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative environment, and brings strong experience managing projects and programs, leading cross-functional teams and driving change. As the program manager for product launch, you will work with product management to ensure that Avalara products are customer ready. You will work with sales enablement and other teams to ensure that sales teams are equipped and enabled to sell new products. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara’s product, engineering, marketing, support, implementation and other teams to ensure that employees are trained and operationally ready for the launch of new services.
- Work with a broad cross-section of internal teams to manage and orchestrate multiple product and program launch initiatives
- Track milestones, deadlines, dependencies, decisions and action items to ensure continuous progress
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability by leading and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders, and reporting using centralized information repositories and/or email updates
- Work with sales enablement teams to ensure that sales teams have the training and collateral to sell effectively
- Anticipate changes and bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical and operational constraints
- Evaluate program results to continuously improve and refine Avalara’s product launch process to drive efficiencies and improve execution
- Communicate regularly and crisply to stakeholders and leadership to enhance shared understanding of progress and minimize surprises
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders, set clear expectations, and deliver on your commitments
- 5+ years product/program management in technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Cross-team coordination, project management (scope, schedule, and cost/staffing)
- Technical and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, products and marketing and sales.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor with the ability to work in high pressure environment.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.