Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
About the role:
As a Program Manager on the Carrier Product team, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of programs and products that grow Convoy’s carrier base, increase carrier engagement, and drive margin improvements. You will partner closely with Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations teams to envision, launch and scale new programs that have a direct impact on Convoy’s business outcomes. This role will require a data-driven mindset and a willingness to be hands on to identify problems and create solutions. Strong communication, ability to think big, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate and scale new solutions are a must.
What You'll Do:
- Strategy - Identify the key strategy questions, develop program roadmaps, and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation - Design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Planning & Execution - Own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to drive program growth.
- Cross functional partnership - Work closely with our product, account managers, data science, engineering, and other teams to execute and accelerate on long term innovation for our customers.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces.
- Able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for ConvoyStrong analytical skills -- You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them.
- Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs.
- You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.