Senior Program Manager, Compliance at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the Team: Convoy’s industry-leading Quality & Compliance team invests in safety and quality of the carrier network. We view compliance as a lever to decrease Convoy’s risk and provide incredible customer service to our shippers. The team is looked to for improving the safety on a per shipment basis as the company grows and setting the highest bar in the industry. We work closely with teams across the organization and pride ourselves in deeply understanding Convoy’s fast-moving business.
About You: You are a strong programmatic leader who thrives in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment! You are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. You excel when able to own your domain end-to-end, collaborating with teams across the company to define experience, build a strategy to deliver it, and achieve your goals. You enjoy digging into motor carrier and supply chain regulations. You are passionate about creating a safer industry and want to push the envelope on what has been done, creating a new standard. If you want to think big about the future of Convoy’s compliance practices, are passionate about customer experience, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Own, improve and drive Convoy’s motor carrier vetting process to ensure it remains best in class.
- Provide regulatory guidance as Convoy looks to expand and grow into new commodities, geographies, truck types, and modes of transport, or as trucking/brokerage regulations change.
- Review customer and vendor contracts and provide suggested revisions to Convoy’s legal team. Provide guidance to the business about our ability to comply with contractual terms and the ramifications of those terms.
- Drive both manual and automated processes to improve our ability to select safe carriers and reduce accidents on a per shipment basis
- Dive deep into data helping Convoy proactively understand and set dynamic requirements for motor carrier eligibility across different programs/commodities/shippers/geographies, and be able to quantify the impact of changing requirements on available supply and margin.
- Partner with Fraud and Security program manager to build both tactical and strategic solutions to mitigate fraud and cargo theft concerns
- Drive scalable, automated solutions to assess safety and qualify motor carriers in partnership with product and engineering teams
- Manage performance and ongoing relationships with compliance monitoring vendors. Negotiate contracts and pricing with new vendors.
- Depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate and the business need, the person in this role may manage a small number of specialists (1-2 to start) to support the day to day program operations and may also manage another program manager.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of regulatory and compliance management experience. A background in the trucking industry, supply chain, or other transportation modes is preferred.
- Training and experience managing the transportation of Hazardous materials is preferred.
- Experience improving safety using both manual and automated processes
- Experience driving scalable technical solutions that require partnership with product managers and engineers.
- Experience setting data driven requirements and developing operational processes
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills with the ability to empathize, collaborate, and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, third-party vendors, and teams across all of Convoy
- Can work well with ambiguity and can think big, while utilizing data to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills and experience using relevant tools (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- Experience leading, managing, and developing people.
- Ability to see around the corner and find solutions for the present while building for Convoy’s future.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem space
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!