Senior Program Manager, Growth Programs at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:48 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Senior Program Manager for Growth Programs you will be responsible for a team that creates and incubates programs that accelerate Convoy’s shipment growth and ensures that Convoy remains innovative and growth-oriented. You’ll navigate business constraints and drive cross-functional collaboration to develop new or immature business categories and revenue streams into mature and reliable levers of the business. You’ll also create the framework to operationalize company strategy around incubations and future growth.
- Set Strategy: Identify the key strategy questions around new growth programs and drive solutions across stakeholders
- Innovate: Drive the future of Convoy’s digital freight network with industry changing innovations and programs
- Plan & Execute: Own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to drive program growth
- Prioritize: Prioritize which growth opportunities to pursue and build the playbook for Convoy to do so in a systematic and data driven manner.
- Partner Cross-functionally: You will “drive the bus” across technical and business functions to accelerate innovative ideas to market for Convoy and our customers.
- Identify Gaps: Understand gaps between existing Convoy processes/products and the future state, working aggressively to identify, prioritize, and close these gaps.
- Manage, mentor, and scale a highly analytical, problem solving team that can just as easily incubate a program from 0 to 1 as they can step into an ambiguous situation and quickly drive results.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, Fortune 500, or logistics company. Project management, program management, or operations management experience preferred.
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and to develop strategy and gain buy-in for future innovation.
- The ability to influence without authority. You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You have an executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- A strategic mindset that sees the forest, not just the trees. Every incubation is unique, but you identify and implement repeatable motions and a common framework to ensure Convoy is leveraging its resources effectively for growth.
- Fluent with data and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- A strong focus on execution and can drive concrete programs from early strategy to maturity.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you will not have unlimited resources, you will need to be scrappy and creative to drive results.
- The ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Strong judgement and can assess costs, benefits, and risks to programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!