Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Program manager on the Marketplace Demand product team you will work across the organization to develop and accelerate new offerings focused on driving volume growth. This role will primarily be focused on Shipper facing new pricing offerings and will require you to partner with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to envision, launch and scale these offerings to fulfill unmet customer needs. Strong communication, ability to think big and create 0->1 initiatives, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate new offerings for our customers are a must.
- Strategy and Incubation for 0->1 launches - You will work with sales and product to conceive new program offerings for various customer segments, write working backwards documents (PR/FAQ), and gain leadership alignment to pursue most promising offerings. You will iteratively and quickly test your hypothesis by being scrappy.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will be required to design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to improve core funnel metrics of these new offerings.
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with product, sales, business development, account managers, data science, marketing, and other teams to execute and accelerate on long term innovation for our customers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Immediate Impact: 7+ years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Embrace ambiguity: Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces. Proven ability launching 0->1 initiatives.
- Strategy: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and step function improvements. Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness, curiosity and can drive concrete progress. Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!