Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
About The Role:
As a Senior Program Manager, Portfolio Management for the Marketplace Growth team, you will be responsible for maximizing Convoy’s business outcomes as it relates to contribution margin dollars within a vertical portfolio of freight. You will also be responsible for maximizing the portfolio’s value and balancing the risks of programs and initiatives that support the company strategy and vertical growth. You will partner closely with the Sales and Account Management teams and will be a leader in guiding investments in various programs and projects against the company’s strategic plans and goals.
- Strategy: You are able to develop, own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy. Working in ambiguity is your strength.
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them. You bias towards using data to persuade and influence.
- Bias to action: You focus on execution and have an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You get things done.
- Communication and Stakeholder Management: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners
- Business Judgement: You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively. You are decisive and can make educated guesses with a strong sense of urgency.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple, disparate groups with competing priorities. You minimize redundancy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years building and collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve overarching organizational goals
- Ability to build and develop something scalable where nothing existed before
- Strong people leadership skills - you can set the tone for a team, driving towards results while also being compassionate
- Experience with driving a project from inception to completion through all stages of the life cycle.
- Strong data fluency and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Comfortable with data analytical skills (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!