Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
About the role:
As a Program manager on the Shipment growth product team you will work across the organization to develop and accelerate new offerings focused on driving volume growth. This role will primarily be focused on Shipper facing new pricing offerings and will require you to partner with Sales, Partnerships and Product to envision, launch and scale new programs to fulfil unmet customer needs. Strong communication, ability to think big and create 0->1 initiatives, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to incubate new solutions for our customers are a must.
What You'll Do:
- Strategy and Incubation for 0->1 launches - You will work with sales and product to conceive new program offerings for various customer segments, write working backwards documents (PR/FAQ), and gain leadership alignment to pursue most promising offerings. You will iteratively and quickly test your hypothesis by being scrappy.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will be required to design experiments and define metrics and goals to measure program success.
- Planning & Execution - You will own end to end planning, execution and optimization of strategies to improve core demand funnel metrics of these new offerings
- Cross functional partnership - You will work closely with our product, sales, business development, account managers, data science, marketing, and other teams to execute and accelerate on long term innovation for our customers.
What You Have:
- Immediate Impact: 7+ years of professional experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, or fortune 500 in strategy, program, product, analytics or similar fields.
- Embrace ambiguity: Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem spaces. Proven ability launching 0->1 initiatives.
- Strategy: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and step function improvements. Strong SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness, curiosity and can drive concrete progress. Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!