Senior Project Manager at Expedia Group
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia Group, its customer and its network of supply partners. We manage the payment products and money flows coming in and out of Expedia Group.
Why build your career at Expedia Global Payments (EGP)? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel industry in an ambitious and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and team work.
Expedia's Global Payments team is looking for a high-performing Sr. Project Manager to join our Bellevue based Project Management team.
We are responsible for delivering a very large portfolio of complex projects in partnership with partners throughout the business and Expedia Group brands. Projects include: global and regional brand sponsored initiatives, EGP initiatives to improve our performance and efficiency, post-merger integration support, product/technology rollout. This is a delivery focused role, which would suit someone who can deliver complex projects, thinks analytically and has the confidence to challenge where necessary. You will have ownership of a project’s full lifecycle.
The successful candidate will lead a global portfolio of projects, and have the opportunity to be coached and mentored by a leadership team that is focused on personal development and an apprenticeship model of frequent feedback.
You will be expected to:
- Lead the end-to-end project implementation strategy, shaping and defining a project's scope based on detailed analysis and knowledge of EGP's strategy.
- Lead meaningful strategic initiatives as well as more operational projects.
- Coordinate and motivate the resources necessary to deliver these projects within time and budget constraints.
- Complete rigorous quantitative analysis to support project decisions and assess outcomes. Have a high comfort level with and passion for using data.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with the EGP Leadership team.
- Understand the complexities of handling multiple projects, for multiple brands with impacts on global operations.
Experience and Skills Required
- Master's degree preferred.
- Payments, Finops and/or Technology experience preferred.
- Management consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience driving strategic initiatives while engaging and collaborating with diverse functional leaders.
- A successful track record of executing on complex business projects and leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to interact with all levels, including concise verbal and written executive-level communications.
- A self-starter mentality, able to drive projects with limited oversight.
- Strong quantitative skills. Comfortable with building and vetting complex financial and operational models.
- Be enthusiastic about international business travel (~10-20%) and travel in general.
- For transparency, this is NOT a technical, software development PM position; this is a business change project management role that often requires product/technology team work
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.