Senior Project Manager at PitchBook
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Project Manager is responsible for the management and execution of project deliverables within the Sales & Customer Success organization. This role will help drive the creation of project plans, monitor project performance and roadmap updates, generate project status communications and reports, ensure timely completion of deliverables, and support team communication and collaboration.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will work closely with our VP of Sales and Customer Success to ensure that both departments are executing at their desired level. You will be able to visualize the big picture of the Sales and Customer Success organizations, while understanding all the little pieces that must come together to achieve our goals. You will have excellent communication skills and thrive in an environment where you manage multiple projects. You are data driven, and know that any successful project or initiative must be continuously measured and evaluated. You will bring project management best practices and drive continuous process improvements across both sales and customer success, all towards the goal of running this organization as effectively as possible.Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Help define project scope and schedule to drive the creation of detailed project plans
- Lead project meetings and ensure consistent distribution of meeting notes, status updates and project progress communication to keep all necessary stakeholders informed
- Facilitate team development of project milestones, work breakdown structures, critical paths, project statuses, project risks and dependencies, and contingency plans
- Ensure all necessary resources and stakeholders adhere to project plans and assign action items to assure project execution
- Follow up with team on action items and project updates, holding individuals and team members accountable to commitments
- Proactively identify potential risks, dependencies, and obstacles that may hinder successful completion of deliverables and achievement of project goals
- Monitor changes to the project scope and project schedule and track project performance updating project plans and roadmaps
- Lead and facilitate daily standup's and sprint planning processes for Sales/Customer Success teams
- Establish reporting metrics, boards, and templates to document and track project progress and ensure distribution meeting notes, status of projects, etc. at established cadence
- Create and manage project schedule, roadmaps, and resource plans and incorporate into dashboards and reports
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 2-5 years of project management experience in a sales organization.
- Ability to help direct, plan, and deliver on multiple projects in a timely manner
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Takes initiative and owns projects from start to finish
- Strong project management, problem-solving, change management and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and constantly looking for process improvements and lead those efforts and initiatives
- Proficient in JIRA and Asana to track tasks and develop reporting, boards, etc.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
- Ability to work with little direction or supervision